Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hello West Coast!



Well, I made the big move yesterday! I had a great ride to the edge of America and landed smoothly in good ole sunny San Diego.  And man was it sunny... and hot.  (Thanks to Misha and Christian for fetching me).  We stopped at In-N-Out for a burger (but mostly the air conditioning) and scurried on across the border. 



Unfortunately, this heat is a little too intense for the desert terrain as there were multiple brush fire outbreaks around Ensenada.  Below is a photo from my friend Ivonne of a fire at the Pemex plant (their gasoline company- scary!).  This is in Sauzal not far from the City of Children.  Kids were dismissed from schools early yesterday in attempts to get everyone home safely.


Please pray for all those affected by this situation as the temperatures continue to rise today.  I am so thankful for safe travel and to be settled with my host family.  I appreciate your prayers, support and words of encouragement for this new adventure.  It would not be possible without you all! 
Dios les bendiga! 

No comments:

Post a Comment