Thursday, May 22, 2014

let love grow


 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

A few things you may not know about Baja Missions:

- We have a sustainable agriculture program thanks to the expertise of our team member, Christian Husband, and the support of Healing Hands International.

-There are 3 gardens at the City of Children and one at each of the churches all watered by rain catchment systems to best utilize the 10 inches of rain this area gets per year.

-Much of the land on the peninsula is used for farming (mostly by corporate giants (i.e. Driscoll's) ).  Many of the church members make a living working in the fields, but they rarely benefit from the harvest making an average of $10 per week and are often unable to provide a nutritious diet for their families.

-By using the resources God has given us and trusting in His provision, this creates another opportunity to share the bounty of his blessings with others! 


Today we planted some watermelon and tomatoes! Please pray for the growth of this food ministry and to be good stewards of these resources..first the bread, then the Bread of Life!


"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit-fruit that will last-and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other." John 15:16-17

1 comment: